A group of us have decided we want to create Lock, Shock and Barrel costumes. To start with, I grabbed some images of the 3 to start planning.
For the first round, I decided to focus on getting the masks right and the costumes bases and then we will work on improving the costumes each time we wear them.
For Lock, I bought a red long sleeve T-shirt and matching fabric for the pants and tail. I made the pants as simple elastic waist pants. The tail is a tube with a triangle sewn to it. I simply hand-stitched the tail to bottom of the shirt.
Shock was a bit trickier for sewing. While the dress is really simple A line, the scalloped edging took a bit of work. I still managed to sew the dress in one day.
For the masks, I planned to make the bases in clay and then use Worbla to create the masks. To create Shock's hat, I planned to use Fosshape since it should be stiff enough to hold the very tall shape. I have used Worbla once before, but Fosshape is a totally new material for me. We will see how it goes......