Friday, October 9, 2015

Steampunk Spectacular 4

Train!
Last weekend I was lucky enough to attend Steampunk Spectacular, a local steampunk event.  I love this event for a couple of reasons.  The first is that it is really laid back and relaxing and the second is that the location is spectacular.  It is held at the Mine Shaft Tavern, which has a real train, old mining equipment and a cool theater for the shows. Oh and the food at the tavern is excellent as well.

Theater
The atmosphere at this event is always amazing and I have a good time every time I go.  The small town that the event is held in, Madrid New Mexico, is also really cool.  
There are lots of small shops, including an amazing little chocolate shop, to peruse.  A good friend of mine joined my husband and I this year for her first steampunk event, although you would not know it was her first from her very cool costume.

Anyway, here are a bunch of pictures!  None of these pictures were taken by me, they were uploaded to the event facebook page or to a local costuming group facebook page.  If the owner of the photos wants them removed, please send me a message and I will remove them (ditto if you are the subject of one of these photos).

First some images of myself, my husband and my friend. My husband and I wore our new leather masks and I wore my new light up flower crown.  I was really pleased with the mask, although they are really hard to see out of, and very please with the lights for the flowers.  The motion control really worked!  I wish I would have had more time to finish the rest of the costume, I really want a corset that matched and I did not like the shirt I made.  I would also like to make a skeleton turtleneck undershirt to go with the stockings I am wearing.  I suppose I will need to work on the details more for next time!














Now for photos of other people's cool stuff.  There were so many cool costumes and people.  The performers included the Clan Tynker, who are a family circus act and always a blast to see.



















No comments:

Post a Comment