After the struggles with the corset I made for the the January HSM challenge, I really needed an easy project. An alternate title to this post could be, I desperately needed something easy and completely not challenging to sew to boost my confidence (I thought this title might have been too long).
The top was patterned off of a favorite regular wear top. I love this shirt, but I have completely worn out the fabric. I took the top apart and figured using top as a pattern for the lounge wear would be a good way to test out the pattern. The original top was a stretchy knit, but I figure the gauze is slightly stretchy as well and would work. I modified the pattern slightly as the regular wear top had little puff sleeves gathered into bands at the bottom. I thought this might annoy me if I ever sleep in the top. So I made the sleeves slightly longer and edged them in lace rather than with a gathering band.