This hat was not supposed to be giant.....but I thought the original pattern would be too small and I apparently enlarged the pattern a bit too much. I may remake it smaller at some point.
I love teacup hats and wanted to make one of my own. I figured it would make a perfect small project and would give me a cute hat for steampunk tea parties. The pattern I used was a free instructable Quilted Mad Tea Party Set for a quilted tea set. I figured the teacup would work well as a hat and someday I may even make a teapot hat! I did make the teacup bigger and probably too big, see the picture below as the hat is as tall as my head! The only other change was I stiffened both the lining and the fashion fabric with fusible interfacing to help it hold up to being worn rather than just sitting on a table. The hat is kept on my head by 3 hair clips and seems to stay pretty well, even though my hair is fairly slick.